Ways to Get Involved
Thanks for your continued outreach to help save the H-2B program. Your calls, letters, emails and tweets are making a huge difference on Capitol Hill.
CALL, WRITE AND EMAIL YOUR SENATORS AND REPRESENTATIVE
- Please call your Representative and Senators through the Capitol Switchboard at (202) 225-3121. Once connected to your Senator’s office, ask to speak to the person who handles H-2B issues.
- Please write to your Representative and Senators.
- Ask them to speak to Appropriations Committee leaders and stress the importance of including in a final spending measure the H-2B returning worker exemption that is included in the House version of the Homeland Security appropriations bill and the language in the Senate version of the Labor, Health and Human Services, Education and Related Agencies appropriations bill that addresses the problematic new H-2B regulations.
- Please also ask them to weigh in with House and Senate Judiciary Committee leaders and request that H-2B relief be included in a potential visa reauthorization bill. Also, please don’t forget to thank these lawmakers for their past help!
CONTINUE THE DIALOGUE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- Please continue to discuss the importance of H-2B relief on social media such as Facebook and Twitter. Tweet about the need for Congress to address the H-2B Program using #saveH2B. Direct the tweets to your two Senators and your Member of Congress, as well as the Representatives and Senators mentioned above. You can find the twitter address for your Senators and Representative at the links below.
- Click here to see some sample tweets.
- If you don't have a Twitter account, you can set one up at: https://twitter.com/signup.